Re: Recover high precision coordinates from binary .coor file

From: Nicholas M Glykos (glykos_at_mbg.duth.gr)
Date: Sat Nov 06 2010 - 06:30:01 CDT

Hi Rajan,

I just tested it, and VMD can read binary coordinate files produced by
NAMD with something in the spirit of 'vmd my.psf my_bin.coor'. It would
appear that a bit (or, maybe, more than just a bit) of scripting for VMD
can do the trick. For example, telling VMD to save coordinates in the
'xyz' format is giving you six significant digits (instead of three for
the straight PDB). You could possibly even write-out the coordinates
yourself in any format you would care for.

Nicholas

--
          Dr Nicholas M. Glykos, Department of Molecular Biology
     and Genetics, Democritus University of Thrace, University Campus,