Re: Re: colvar atom syntax

From: Michael Zimmermann (michaelz_at_iastate.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2010 - 15:59:09 CDT

Thank you all for your replies thus far. I am making progress, but still
running into problems with the RMSD colvar.

I am running NAMD version 2.7b2 Linux-x86_64.

---> The contents of my colvar.conf file is:
colvar {
    name RMSDColvar1
    rmsd {
        atoms {
            # this file has occupancy marked as 2 for the atoms
            # we want restrained by RMSD
            atomsFile prot.colvar.mark.pdb
            atomsCol O
            atomsColValue 2.0
        }
        refPositionsFile prot.colvar.mark.pdb
        refPositionsCol O
        refPositionsColValue 2.0
        upperBoundary 2 # does this mean the RMSD won't go above 2A?
        upperWallConstant 10 # is this the force constant used on springs to
restrain the atom group?
    }
}

---> I don't know what the error I receive means. All my parameters have a
value as far as I can tell
colvars: Initializing a new collective variable.
colvars: # name = "colvar1" [default]
colvars: Initializing a new "RMSD" component.
colvars: # componentCoeff = 1 [default]
colvars: # componentExp = 1 [default]
colvars: Initializing atom group "atoms".
colvars: Error: keyword "" is not supported, or not recognized in this
context.
colvars: If this error message is unclear, try recompile with
-DCOLVARS_DEBUG.
FATAL ERROR: Error in the collective variables module: exiting.

Any advice on how to continue would be appreciated.

Mike Z