Re: Jarzinsky's equation

From: Fatemeh Khalili (akhalili_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 02 2010 - 13:54:33 CST

Hi Gianluca,

To use Jarzynski's equality you need to calculate the work done by the
external forces you apply to the system. The SMD forces (your external
force) are written in your log file. Proper distances (spring
extension/contraction) can also be extracted from the log file and your
trajectory. By knowing the expansion of the spring, you can calculate the
work applied to your system.

-Fatemeh