Re: Using NAMD for Metropolis Monte Carlo conformational searches

From: Marc Baaden (baaden_at_smplinux.de)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2010 - 06:26:43 CST

Dear Ajasja,

Sorry for replying so late. We have actually encapsulated the IMD
protocol in an easy to use API with some usage examples. One was to
drive a simulation from a script, by injecting forces based on some
analysis of the coordinates. If you're interested in this, you can
either read up on it here [1], or give it a try by downloading it
at [2]. The source code should also contain some comments which might
help to decrypt the IMD protocol.

Hope this helps,
Best wishes,
  Marc

[1] http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/jcc.21235
    Complex molecular assemblies at hand via interactive simulations
    J Comput Chem 30, 2009, 2375-2387

[2] http://mddriver.sourceforge.net

--
 Dr. Marc Baaden  - Institut de Biologie Physico-Chimique, Paris
 mailto:baaden_at_smplinux.de      -      http://www.baaden.ibpc.fr