Re: FATAL ERROR: Due to a design error, GlobalMasterServer does not support individual atom requests from multiple global force clients on parallel runs.

From: dhacademic (dhacademic_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 08 2010 - 16:46:37 CDT

Now I am using 2.7b3. However, the old problem remains unresolved, and new
problem appears again, which makes me feel really frustrated. The full
colvars.conf file is as below:

colvar {
name dist1colvar
outputSystemForce yes
outputAppliedForce yes
distance {
    group1 {
        atomNumbers { 100969 }
    }
    group2 {
        atomNumbers { 94228 }
    }
}
}

colvar {
name dist2colvar
outputSystemForce yes
outputAppliedForce yes
outputvalue off
distance {
    group1 {
        atomNumbers { 107518 }
    }
    group2 {
        atomNumbers { 87679 }
    }
}
}

colvar {
name rmsdcolvar
outputSystemForce yes
outputAppliedForce yes
outputvalue off
rmsd {
    atoms {
# psfSegID A A B B C C D D
        psfSegID A
        atomNameResidueRange CA 386-485
# atomNameResidueRange CA 628-763
# atomNameResidueRange CA 386-485
# atomNameResidueRange CA 628-763
# atomNameResidueRange CA 386-485
# atomNameResidueRange CA 628-763
# atomNameResidueRange CA 386-485
# atomNameResidueRange CA 628-763
    }
    refPositionsFile colvarn.pdb
    refPositionsCol B
    refPositionsColValue 5.0
}
}

harmonic {
name distbias
colvars dist1colvar dist2colvar
centers 3.5 3.5
forceConstant 10.0
}

harmonic {
name rmsdbias
colvars rmsdcolvar
centers 1.46569
targetcenters 0.0
targetNumSteps 8000
targetforceConstant 1000.0
}

The problems are:

(1) if I specify "psfSegID A A B B C C D D" and the corresponding 8
instances of "atomNameResidueRange", 237 atoms will be defined. In fact the
total atoms should be 236*4=944;

(2) if I sepcify "psfSegID AD" and the corresponding 1 instance of
"atomNameResidueRange", 100 atoms will be defined. It's OK up to now. Then I
meet the following error message after the atom selection:

colvars: Initializing a new "harmonic" instance.
colvars: # name = rmsdbias
colvars: # colvars = { rmsdcolvar }
colvars: # forceConstant = 1 [default]
colvars: # centers = { 1.46569 }
colvars: # targetCenters = { 0 }
colvars: # targetForceConstant = 1000
colvars: Error: cannot specify both targets and forceConstantTarget.
colvars: If this error message is unclear, try recompile with
-DCOLVARS_DEBUG.
FATAL ERROR: Error in the collective variables module: exiting.

I think I do not specify any other "targets" besides my rmsdcolvar. Can
anyone help me to figure out the above problems? Any suggestion is
appreciated!

Best,

Hao