Re: usage of NAMD with AMBER commands

From: Thomas C. Bishop (bishop_at_tulane.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2010 - 14:25:13 CDT

It looks like NAMD properly reads the amber parm/top files so assuming NAMD
actually runs (you did run an example system already right?) it seems you may
have done something wrong w/ the build up of the system in tleap.

Does the structure summary for the amber.parm/top seem right? Can you load it
in VMD ? (note if it's amber parm7 or older parm format)

Have you built up the molec w/ charm topology to compare w/ AMBER?
This is useful exercise to make sure you are really setting all inputs
properly (like the scee factor)

My guess is your periodic box is wrong OR you have bad coordinate info. By bad
coord info I mean either NAMD is misreading some coordinate information so the
energy/force calcs die or there are some nasty clashes in your system and NAMD
is reading them correctly... it's just a bad structure.

Taking a look w/ VMD should help you in either case.
If you can get just 1 energy calc then it's very very likely a system
build/setup problem not a namd problem but w/out even one energy calc seems
like it could be a NAMD problem.

keep me/use posted. I 'd like to hear what you find.

Tom

   Thomas C. Bishop
    Tel: 504-862-3370
    Fax: 504-862-8392