Re: Drude polarizability parameters

From: David Hardy (dhardy_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 20 2010 - 10:17:55 CST

Hi Igor,

First know that we are still debugging Drude polarizability. Also,
none of our tools yet generate the necessary input files,
particularly the extended PSF. Our collaborators use CHARMM to
generate the input files.

With that said, the new configuration file commands are:
      drudeOn - perform integration of Drude oscillators? (yes/
no, no is default)
      drudeTemp - (low) temperature for freezing Drude oscillators
      drudeDamping - Langevin damping coefficient for Drude
oscillators
      drudeBondLen - Length beyond which to apply quartic
restraining potential to Drude bond
      drudeBondConst - Force constant for restraining potential

You must use Langevin with Drude. The integration is performed with
a dual Langevin thermostat to keep the Drude degrees of freedom cold
while keeping everything else at standard temperature.

You should get the most recent build of NAMD.

Best regards,
Dave

--
David J. Hardy, Ph.D.
Theoretical and Computational Biophysics