Re: namd cvs memory leak?

From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 22 2009 - 19:24:52 CDT

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 16:12 -0700, BIN ZHANG wrote:
> Dear all:

dear bin,

> While using the NAMD CVS version, I found a memory leak problem. After
> 500,000 steps simulation, the memory usage goes from 76.781250 MB to
> 93.515625 MB. The relatively small amount of increase might not be a
> big deal. However, I do intend to run long simulations, and the
> clearly increasing trend would become a problem then.

have you looked at what your system does, particularly
does it get more dense? or more structured? even if
only in part?

this kind of memory increase can happen when neighbor lists
have to be grown. i don't know about NAMD, but it is quite
common to only increase those lists and never shrink them.
for a typical system this should level out during equilibration.

cheers,
   axel.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com
College of Science and Technology