Re: Clarification regarding some finer details in ABF simulations

From: Jerome Henin (heninj_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 18 2009 - 16:01:56 CDT

Hugh,

Yes, that i what should happen one enough samples are collected. More
precisely, the algorithm does not specifically aim for a particular
amount of sampling or histogram. It just applies a time-dependent bias
computed in a certain way (independent of the current sampling
histogram). Then, the rules of stat mech state that in the long run,
sampling should be uniform.

Best,
Jerome