Re: Clarification regarding some finer details in ABF simulations

From: Hugh Martin (hughtendo_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 18 2009 - 10:01:08 CDT

Thanks indeed, a small follow up question: Once the reaction coordinate is
sufficiently sampled (according to the parameter 'abf fullSamples'), and the
simulation is still running (due to a high 'numsteps' parameter), will the
system then attempt to evenly add further samples? From my simulations this
appears to be the case, but I wanted to be sure. This then appears to be a
trivial way of sampling the reaction coordinate further, rather than
drastically increasing the 'abf fullSamples' parameter, which the paper
"exploring the free-energy landscape of a short peptide using an average
force" indicates can be problematic, if I've understood correctly.

Many thanks,

Hugh