Re: SMD with force applied to two seperate molecules

From: Elia Zumot (enz1+_at_pitt.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 13 2009 - 11:07:06 CDT

Hi Roman,

In principle it shouldn't matter whether I'm using CV or CF since both
rely on using a single reference file to specify which atoms are to be
moved and which to be constrianed.

I'm pulling both substrates in the same direction because that way I will
get two results for every run (statisically more significant and so will
need less runs).
The problem arises when one substrates starts moving before the other
(succeeds in crossing the energy barrier first) because if it is a single
COM point in space for both substrates then you will start getting
artifacts.

Any help from the original NAMD programmers on the issue of COM?

Thanks for the responses.

Elia