Fwd: 99999999.9999 as vander waals energy

From: Chris Harrison (char_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 11 2009 - 19:38:30 CDT

It means you have a high-energy vdW interactions, likely a "near clash" of
two different atoms in multiple sites through your system. Minimization, if
ran long enough, should clean these up in most reasonable cases and permit
you to proceed to equilibrate your system with MD. You should continue
minimizing until your energies are converged, exhibiting little to no net
change over many steps; only fluctuations about a mean value.

Chris

--
Chris Harrison, Ph.D.
char_at_ks.uiuc.edu                            Voice: 217-244-1733