RE: ABF simulations

From: Branko (bdrakuli_at_chem.bg.ac.yu)
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 14:52:42 CDT

Hallo,

Attached is pmf of MD (on 310 K) during ~ 2.5 ns of small flexible
molecule in explicit water. For ABF distance between centrioids at the
ends of molecule were used. Lack of enough samples above 9.5 nm (width
0.01; 500 full samples, jacobian on) produce discontinuation on this
part. Calculation preformed by 2.7b1 If anybody see problem similar to
those which were described by Arturas and Sumanth, please let me know.
Thanks

Branko

HI,

Yes, I have noticed it also: the accumulation of statistics at the interface. I solved it to some extend splitting RC close to the interface by objecting the molecule go close and be 'adsorbed'.

I suspect several things those could be responsible together or alone. One is that is there is ordered solvent effect at the interface that probably can 'cage' your molecule at the interface. Another my thought is that the adsorbed state is in energetically very steep energy surface that leads to high energy fluctuations, therefore it takes just a lot to reach the true average of force. However, it at some point force converges at those bins close to the surface, but molecule is not escaping. If someone will be able to reveal the true nature of this that would be very great. Increasing constant should not help, because it acts just on the ends of RC.

Arturas

Division of NanoMedicine
Department of Biomedical Engineering
The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston
1825 Pressler Street, Suite 537
Houston, TX 77030

Phone: (713) 500-2311
Email : Arturas.Ziemys_at_uth.tmc.edu