Re: NAMD infiniband performance

From: Lev Lafayette (lev_at_vpac.org)
Date: Tue May 19 2009 - 01:31:47 CDT

Hi Guanglei,

Although I am no NAMD expert, I would suggest compiling from source and creating an application. As a binary you probably won't be picking up the performance benefits, which should be determined by whatever you're using as message parsing interface (OpenMPI?). Then you should seem some real gains.

All the best,

--
Lev Lafayette (03) 9925 4909, Systems Administrator, Victorian Partnership for Advanced Computing
"If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context. This will make sure readers understand when they start to read your response."