Re: soft-core FEP in namd 2.7b

From: Sebastian Stolzenberg (s.stolzenberg_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun May 10 2009 - 10:36:47 CDT

Thank you, Chris, I missed that link,

theres is one more thing attracting my curiosity, the vdW
hard-core<->soft-core transitions:

The real vdW potential is hard-core, but NAMD2.7b FEP can use soft-core.
Can one really neglect \delta_G from a hard-core<->soft-core transition?
How could one measure \delta_G and thus convince oneself in practice?

Thank you,
Best,
Sebastian