Re: Writing 3 subsequent timesteps to the DCD file

From: Mert Gür (gurmert_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 10 2009 - 10:24:23 CDT

Dear Axel,
Your following suggestion:

"one more - simpler - option along those lines:
how about saving the velocities and positions at the same frame
and then just reconstruct the step before and after the given positions
by doing one velocity verlet step each forwards and backwards in the
analysis code?"

was the best sounding suggestion to me. But I am not sure if I will be able
to do it perfectly the same way the analysis code is doing it.
Another question, maybe its silly but it came to my mind. Can I write
multiple dcdfiles in NAMD?

Dear David and Grace,
I need the velocities of each mode. The velocity dcd will give me the
velocities of all modes superposed on each other. This is my problem . I
need each velocity after I have gone back for each mode which I do by
generating a dcd file for each mode.

Best,
Mert