.inter.bin files?

From: Joachim Hein (j.hein_at_ed.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Apr 02 2009 - 10:24:20 CDT

Hi,

we are having a play with the experimental reduced memory feature of the
new NAMD 2.7b1 as described in the wiki:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/wiki/index.cgi?NamdMemoryReduction

I noticed when I do the compression I ofter (always?) get two files,

   file.psf.inter

and

   file.psf.inter.bin

when the original psf file has the name file.psf. For a simulation, do
I need both? Or what is the purpose of the .inter.bin file? The
.inter.bin is typically quite large (not as large as the original psf)
while the .inter is really small.

Thanks
   Joachim

dr joachim hein
epcc
the university of edinburgh
rm 3406 jcmb
mayfield road
edinburgh eh9 3jz
scotland, uk
tel: 0131 651 3390
fax: 0131 650 6555
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland,
with registration number SC005336
Scotland, with registration number SC005336.