Re: cgmd stability

From: BIN ZHANG (zhngbn_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2009 - 00:31:35 CST

The protein does deform, but not going wild.

> Please keep in mind that people haven't really done a whole
> lot of SMD work using this model.

Why would this matter? I thought SMD should have nothing to do with
the model I use (whether all-atom or coarse-grained).

> Are you pulling by one bead or the
> center of mass of several? Also, do the crashes happen consistently
> around the same time if you go repeat the crashed run?

What do you mean by repeat? I did several simulation from the same
configuration, but with different random numbers, and they do NOT
crash at the same time. But I didn't really test "same configuration,
same random number".

Thanks again.

Bin