Re: Aligning the distance between two centroids with an axis

From: Grace Brannigan (gracebrannigan_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 30 2009 - 10:01:55 CST

Hi Mert,

This is really a VMD question and should be directed to the VMD mailing
list.

While you're here though, I suggest you check out the "trans" routines

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node178.html

in particular "transvec", which will generate the rotation matrix you need,
i.e.

set trans_mat [transvec $v]

and then apply the rotation matrix to your selection by

$sel move $trans_mat

Hope this helps,

Grace