Re: FEP simulations?

From: Christopher Hartshorn (cmhartshorn_at_wsu.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 05 2009 - 03:20:53 CST

Hi Jerome. I have finally gotten my systems to a point where I can
begin to run FEP and I have a few questions.

1) In the paper below, how many steps were performed (eg How much
sampling?) and what is an ideal mix of accuracy and efficiency? I am
using the following FEP parameters to perform a double annihilation of
two simple proteins dimerizing:

fepEquilSteps 1000
set nSteps 10000

set dLambda 0.1

set init {0.0 0.0000001 0.000001 0.00001 0.0001 0.001
0.01 0.05 0.1}
set end {0.9 0.95 0.99 0.999 0.9999 0.99999 0.999999
0.9999999 1.0}

runFEPlist $init $nSteps
runFEP 0.1 0.9 $dLambda $nSteps
runFEPlist $end $nSteps

Too much or too little? or just one of things that needs to be tweaked
until the dG's have little error after x number of steps?

2) This question will tell you that I am still a novice, but why are
rigid bonds required to run the FEP?

Thank you very much for your help.

Chris

WSU