Re: RATTLE failure

From: Himanshu Khandelia (hkhandel_at_memphys.sdu.dk)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2007 - 08:35:01 CDT

Philip,

In my personal experience, there are problems with the way SHAKE has been
implemented in NAMD. When I use SHAKE and use a 2 fs timestep, there is
significant drift in the simulation.

In CHARMM, shake is well implemented, but I would recommend you to stay
away from it in NAMD, especially if you have an anisotropic system like a
lipid bilayer. Stick to a 1fs time step, and use 2 and 4 for nonbondedfreq
and fullelectfrequency.

Hope this helps,

-himanshu

----------------------------