Re: Temperature dependent unfolding..

From: Neema Salimi (nsalimi_at_msg.ucsf.edu)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2007 - 12:45:22 CDT

Extrapolations from room temperature (or slightly higher) are pretty
worthless for simulations at these temperatures. I've had proteins
bigger than ubiquitin that unfold far slower at room temperature that
unfold just fine at 500K. And extrapolations based on (delta)Cp are
equally meaningless, as for some of the proteins I've looked at, says
they would unfold in less than 1 picosecond, obviously quite impossible.