Re: Temperature dependent unfolding..

From: Giovanni Settanni (gs_at_mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2007 - 04:04:46 CDT

Hi Arun,

did you (very roughly) check the expected unfolding time of ubiquitin at
high temperature using the Arrhenius's law? It may be much larger than
12ns, and your simulations may be correct. Ubiquitin has a very small
unfolding rate at 300K (0.001 s-1), I do not expect it to increase by
almost 12 orders of magnitudes with temperature. The authors of the phys
rev E probably did a temperature and pressure induced unfolding. The
question is what does this share with the unfolding pathway at room
temperature and is it possible to validate the simulations with some
available experimental data?
Cheers

Gianni

--