Re: SPC/E water model

From: Himanshu Khandelia (hkhandel_at_memphys.sdu.dk)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2007 - 12:06:29 CDT

Anuradha,

Please be warned that the protein force field parameters in CHARMM were
optimized for use with the TIP3P model for water and its variants. It is
not advisable to use SPC/E with proteins if using the CHARMM force field
directly. If you must use SPC/E, you are better of running your
simulations in GROMACS.

Himanshu Khandelia, PhD
Research Assistant Professor (Postdoc)
MEMPHYS, Center for Membrane Physics: www.memphys.sdu.dk