Re: SPC/E water model

From: Ilya Chorny (ichorny_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2007 - 10:38:57 CDT

Looks in the gromacs topolgy files for SPC/E (spce.itp) and edit the Charmm
TIP3P water model parameters accordingly (i.e. make changes to the top and
par files to reflect spc/e). Cut and paste the TIP3 topology rename it SPCE
and edit accodringly. Also make the necessary changes to the prm file. The
only difference between SPC/E and TIP3p is the bondlengths/angles and the
charges.

For SPC/E the charge on the OW is -.8476.
The OH bodlength is 1.0 A
The angle is 109.47

For TIP3P the charge on the OW is -.8314.
The OH bondlength is 1.5A.
The angle is 104.52.

--
Ilya Chorny Ph.D.