Re: About pmf

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 25 2007 - 14:30:51 CDT

1) Each SMD simulation started from an equilibrated point. To
minimize the number of equilibration simulations needed, they pulled
in opposite directions from each starting point.

2) I think so. I wouldn't say they had reduced work though; the
highest point occurs in one of the reverse directions.

3) The procedure in the deca-alanine tutorial is the same as that in
the paper in Eq. 7, both using the cumulant expansion of the average
work. Eq. 8 is just a more complicated way of calculating <W> and
<W^2>.