Re: Re: heat diffusion calculation

From: Jonathan Lee (jonny5_at_rice.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2007 - 15:13:12 CDT

Hello all,
   I've set up my system such that two ends of my rectangular box act as
my "shell" at 200K. I have periodic boundary conditions in all
directions. When I try the heat diffusion calculation from the tutorial
(with appropriate changes), I find that the temperature of my system
actually goes up. It reaches about 700-800K! I guess the langevin
dynamics help to control the system during minimization/equilibration
but are not present in the heat diffusion problem to control the
temperature. Can somebody help me troubleshoot this problem? Thanks.

Jonathan

p.s. I was having a problem during my minimization step where the
periodic cell was too small (even though I set it large enough to
contain the original configuration). I found one solution to this was
to turn on "useFlexibleCell" but is that ok?