Re: Canīt use charmm to perform dcd analysis

From: Himanshu Khandelia (hkhandel_at_memphys.sdu.dk)
Date: Mon May 21 2007 - 01:17:58 CDT

Victor,

Charmm is less forgiving about the exact format of pdb and psf files. I
would recommend regenerating the psf in charmm and converting the
namd-generated pdb to a charmm .crd format file, or at least to a pdb
format which charmm can read (the column format is different)

You will run into problems if the residue numbering in your psf is not
continuous. Take a look at this example from the charmm forums

http://www.charmm.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=3748&an=0&page=1#Post3748

Himanshu Khandelia, PhD
Research Assistant Professor (Postdoc)
MEMPHYS, Center for Membrane Physics: www.memphys.sdu.dk