Re: Minimization

From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed May 16 2007 - 13:48:58 CDT

Hi Rita,
you may want to start with some of the troubleshooting on the NAMD wiki
(http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/wiki/index.cgi?NamdTroubleshooting).
Your problem is probably caused by two bonded atoms being too far apart
from each other. Are you sure your minimization has converged prior to
starting dynamics? You're not running very many steps of it...

For your second question, you are correct in your interpretation;
however, temperature is meaningless during minimization, and should
always be reported as 0 (perhaps you could post your log file).