Re: SMD and CPT? (fwd)

From: Marcos Sotomayor (sotomayo_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2007 - 16:49:13 CST

Sterling,

This discussion is getting interesting and, actually, I think I did not
express myself correctly below (only about the time-dependent part). The
work should be indeed \int F*dd, however your integration step in the F
\times d plot should be as small as possible when your force is changing on time.

The difference between the work done and the energy change should be only
numerical when using an NVE ensemble. Good thing, we can test it! I
suggest to perform a small simulation in which you output force and
distance every time step to check it.

Marcos