Re: Re:constant velocity SMD

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 26 2007 - 12:48:52 CST

What keeps the protein from moving? You pull the ligand, connected
to the protein through H bonds, which then pulls the protein. Try it
and see!

As for restraining the protein, yes, it affects things in an
unnatural way, but you are already pulling your ligand out
unnaturally. You will have to decide through trial and error,
possibly, what the minimal way of restraining the protein without
affecting the relevant motions is.

You won't get a very good feel for these things until you try them
though.