Re: ABF (fwd)

From: Jerome Henin (jhenin_at_cmm.chem.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2006 - 18:52:10 CST

Matthew,
I think the method of choice would probably be alchemical FEP.

Relative free energies of binding can sometimes be obtained with limited pain.
An recent example using NAMD is Henin et al., Biophysical Journal
90:1232-1240 (2006) - sorry for the self-promotion... there are many more
examples, but I can't seem to remember them right now :-)

"Absolute" binding free energies are trickier. The most interesting work I
know of in that field is that of the Roux group - see e.g. Wang et al.,
Biophysical Journal 91:2798-2814 (2006).

Best,
Jerome