Re: "reinitvel" parameter in config file

From: Lewyn Li (lewynli_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2006 - 08:12:12 CDT

Hi Dhiraj and Ana,

     In my opinion, it is better to gradually heat your system up in steps
of 1-5 K, rather than steps of 100 K as you indicated. The reason is that
an abrupt increase in temperature can distort the structure of your
biomolecule and lead to instability.

     I usually use the temperature reassignment commands in the NAMD config
file to heat up a system. You can find out more about these commands at:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/2.6/ug/node30.html#SECTION00093400000000000000

     Hope this helps.

LEWYN