Re: Queries on patches, GDP-topology

From: JC Gumbart (gumbart_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sun Jul 23 2006 - 20:11:54 CDT

Are you sure you want to just link two ends that span a gap of 27
residues? That seems like it would be very unnatural. Are the
intervening residues ordered structurally (best guess)? You could
attempt to model them in, which would be relatively easy if they are
unstructured.

I think the default patches might be NTER and CTER. In any case, it
doesn't hurt to specify them explicitly, but make sure those are the
ones you want to use. Also, for consistency, you should apply first
NTER for the first B protein and last CTER for the second B protein.

As for modifying GDP to ADP, what you did should be fine. You could
try searching for GDP topology though or create it yourself by using
the guanine parameters along with the ADP parameters (I would think
it wouldn't be too difficult, but I'm no biochemist :).

As for your water molecules, you should be fine.