[Fwd: Re: SMD of small molecule dimer]

From: dora guzman (dguzman_at_uci.edu)
Date: Tue May 02 2006 - 11:59:32 CDT

attached mail follows:

Hi Marc,

Thanks for replying. Yes, changing the pulling speed and/or spring
constant yields the same behavior of forces. The dimer is solvated in
chloroform, and has been minimized and equilibrated for over 1 ns. I've
attached a plot where I applied a pulling velocity of 0.5 A/ps and a
spring constant of 555. The H-bonds (in the trajectory) rupture after
approximately 10 A extension (which corresponds to ~30 A in plot).

-dora