RE: For help with .log file.

From: Boyang Wang (pkuwangboyang_at_yahoo.com.cn)
Date: Sun Aug 07 2005 - 21:42:49 CDT

I now am able to run namd with the .log output. I didn't try to connect namd with vmd. I just didn't see the similar output on the screen showing energies when I set the .log output. Now I know that the very output should now go to the .log file, but not the screen.

    Thanks for your reply, guys!
Boyang.

Blake Charlebois <bdc_at_mie.utoronto.ca> 写道:Hi,

If you do not get a response, you should repost, specifying what shell you are using.

You may also want to mention how you know that NAMD is not running.

Incidentally, either &> or >& (one or the other for the shells that I use) in place of > causes both standard output and standard error to be written to the specified file.

Blake