Re: Charmm 1,4 Interactions - Scaling Question

From: Paul R Brenner (pbrenne1_at_nd.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 17 2005 - 09:08:54 CDT

Thanks for the response Jan.

As I understand it the difference between scaled1-4 with a scaling factor of 1.0
and scaled1-3 is that the scaled1-4 looks for the second set of VDW parameters.
If the second set does not exist the normal VDW contribution is calculated
between 1-4 just as if I had specified scaled1-3.

Paul R Brenner, P.E.
Graduate Research Assistant
Computer Science and Engineering
The University of Notre Dame