RE: NAMD: HEM residue

From: Michel Espinoza-Fonseca (mef_at_ddt.biochem.umn.edu)
Date: Wed May 04 2005 - 17:17:01 CDT

Hi,

That's okay. The problem with psfgen is that it doesn't read the stream
files as you can do using CHARMM. But if you just CAREFULLY copy and
paste the topology and parameters of the HEM group, then the simulation
should be okay. Just one thing, as pointed by Alex McKerell and Charles
Brooks, you should handle with care those "modified" files, since you
can "contaminate" the parent files and you might have serious problems
in future.

On the other hand, Surendra, I guess you have to enable the angle and
dihedral autogeneration when building the HEM using psfgen. Is the only
thing I can say after checking your log file.

Enjoy!

Peace,

Michel