Re: Can extending MIN solve the problem of "Constraint failure in RATTLE algorithm"

From: dimka (newyorkdimka_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Dec 24 2005 - 19:51:31 CST

Hi Shirley,

The atoms you're talking about may be "tangled". If that is the case, you
can use VMD's move atom/residue option to help bring the atom in the right
proximity.

When you plot the energies from NAMD log you'll see that this value
converges or reaches a plateau at some point. From experience, it takes
about 300-2000 steps to reach that point. Increasing the number of steps
won't do much.

-d