Re: center of mass motion: problems

From: Leandro Martínez (leandromartinez98_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Dec 08 2005 - 17:49:23 CST

  It depends of what you want to compute. If you want to compute
the rmsd of a protein, in general the protein coordinates of each frame
are fit to the initial, or average, coordinates. If you want to compute
diffusion
coefficients, you shouldn't wrap or move your coordinates at all.
Anyway, what you mean by center of mass movements at least
initially? The center of mass of the whole system
probably oscillates slightly from
frame to frame. The center of mass of a protein certainly will move in
space, and that is what is related to the diffusion of the protein.
 If you have a center of mass drift in the first stages
of your simulation and not thereafter, probably you should do some
equilibration.
Leandro.