Re: Namd2.6b1 FATAL ERROR: Memory allocation failed on AIX53 IBM-SP4

From: Sascha Tayefeh (sascha_at_pc.chemie.tu-darmstadt.de)
Date: Mon Nov 21 2005 - 06:16:14 CST

Dear Dr. Hein,

 I forgot to mention that we have managed compiled namd2.5 for p690. We
had to edit <namdsrcdir>/charm/src/conv-core/isomalloc.c and just
comment out or remove following lines:

       if (retval==(-1))
       CmiAbort("munmap call failed to deallocate requested memory.\n");

Compile charm with

./build charm++ mpi-sp -O -DCMK_OPTIMIZE

and build namd with

./config tcl fftw plugins IBM-SP

 Also, thank you for your suggestions and your offer to keep me posted
on the progress, that would be great.

--
Sascha Tayefeh <sascha_at_pc.chemie.tu-darmstadt.de>
Dipl.-Biol, PhD-Student