Re: help generating psf files

From: Anna Modzelewska (amodzelewska_at_iimcb.gov.pl)
Date: Fri Oct 07 2005 - 02:58:19 CDT

Richard,
as far as I know this pdb is a result of the structure generation with an older topology file (it could be toph19.inp). The ace and cbx in that topology file were residues, now they are patches. In addition that top file used only the polar hydrogens.
If you want to create your pdb and psf for deca-alanin with acetylated and N-methylamidated terminus using the topology of charm22, I know two ways to do it:

1) You can remove ace and cbx entries from this pdb and you have to modify one command:
segment hin { pdb alanin.pdb
first ace
last ct3 }
In this way psfgen will add missing atoms and will correctly transform the terminus of the peptide. That's what I would do.

2) If you absolutely want to keep terminus coordinates from this pdb, you can modify its 6 entries:
ATOM 1 CAY ACE 2 -2.184 0.591 0.910 1.00 7.00 MAIN
ATOM 2 CY ACE 2 -0.665 0.627 0.966 1.00 0.00 MAIN
ATOM 3 OY ACE 2 -0.069 1.213 1.868 1.00 0.00 MAIN
ATOM 64 NT CBX 11 8.610 8.962 9.714 1.00 0.00 MAIN
ATOM 65 H CBX 11 8.050 8.324 9.225 1.00 0.00 MAIN
ATOM 66 CAT CBX 11 9.223 8.571 11.014 1.00 0.00 MAIN
Then use the same modification for segment line as above and in the lines before type:
alias residue ace ala
alias residue cbx ala

I hope I answered your question.
Anna