help generating psf files

From: Richard Wood (rwoodphd_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Oct 04 2005 - 11:37:08 CDT

I've just started using NAMD and VMD. I've run the
alanine example and it runs fine. However, when I try
to run something new, I can't create a psf using
psfgen. I've discovered that the problem is in the
reading of the file top_all22_prot.inp, which I
obtained from Alex Mackerrel's web site.

Is there a trick to getting psfgen to read this file?
I have even tried to read this file in and generate a
psf for alanine from alanin.pdb, but it can't find the
coordinates.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Richard

http://mail.yahoo.com