Re: the difference between the min_nacl.vel and min_nacl.restart.vel

From: Blake Charlebois (bdc_at_mie.utoronto.ca)
Date: Sat Jul 23 2005 - 09:25:48 CDT

Hi Xiaojing,

The restart files are from 500 timesteps before the end of the run
(the restartfreq line controls this). If the simulation goes to
completion, you should use x.coor and x.vel, and you can delete
x.restart.coor and x.restart.vel. If the simulation does not go to
completion, there will be no x.coor and x.vel, and you will have to use
the restart files (or redo the simulation). By the way, you should also be
reading xsc files to obtain unit cell information from the last written
timestep.

Blake