Re: c-shell into NAMD configuration file

From: nordgren_at_sas.upenn.edu
Date: Wed Jun 15 2005 - 09:23:20 CDT

Ioana (and list) --

The thing is, when you use "exec" it spawns a subshell, and so invoking "env"
or "setenv" will only set variables within that subshell; in other words,
once that exec command finishes, those variables are gone.

I think the simpler way to do what you want would be something like this:

set DIR [exec sh -c {date +%m_%d_%H_%M_%y}]
exec mkdir $DIR

I haven't tested this, but hopefully it will be helpful...

- Erik

C. Erik Nordgren, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry
University of Pennsylvania