RE: Avoiding Rotation and translation of protein

From: Blake Charlebois (bdc_at_mie.utoronto.ca)
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 12:39:06 CDT

The following thread may help:
http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/mailing_list/namd-l/2088.html

There are several related (and possibly more useful) threads. You can find
them with a Google search specifying namd-l as one of the search terms.

You should read the section of the NAMD manual on wrapping coordinates. You
may find some useful scripts on the VMD site for reversing coordinate
wrapping in a dcd file.

Does your protein consistently rotate in the same way? Does it have a large
dipole moment? If so, you may want to increase your box size.

Blake