Re: dielectric constant

From: Leandro Martínez (leandromartinez98_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu May 12 2005 - 13:24:10 CDT

Yes, indeed. I have written to him but I think the mail went only to
him. My answer was that f you are running a simulation with explicit
solvent, you don't need to set a dielectric constant different than 1.
The dielectric constant
is a property related to the collective polarizability of the
environment and will be automatically included in your calculation.
Indeed, it would be wrong to set it to a different value than the
vacuum dielectric constant.
Leandro.