Space environment simulations

From: Gaurav Sharma (sharma_at_coe.neu.edu)
Date: Fri May 06 2005 - 13:36:40 CDT

Hi All,

My objective is to study the effect of space-like conditions on the
struture and functions of a protein. So my question is :

Is there any way we can simulate a protein in a 'space like'
environment using MD. By 'space like', I mean environments such as micro
gravity, high vacuum, radiation filled or extreme temperature
conditions. But a part of this question also involves seeking a better
understanding of what can be an ideal space-like environment with
regards to Molecular dynamics. Is it possible to replace water with some
other solvent which is better suited for simulating space like MD ?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Gaurav