Heat Capacity & Relaxation Functions

From: Cetin Baloglu (baloglu_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 25 2005 - 03:22:11 CDT

Dear All,

I have 2ns trajectories of lysozyme at different temperatures, (my
input file is below for 315K) . After extracting the total energies, I
try to get the heat capacity at each temperature. This way I want to
see the transition points, but what I have with <(E-<E>)^2>/k(b)T^2
function is always similar values giving me a horizantal line in heat
capacity versus temperature graphics. But this result does not fit
with the previous results. I want to ask if my input file is ok for
the heat capacity calculations.

Is there a better way to calculate such calculations? I also want to
calculate relaxation functions, I wonder if any of you has experience
on such calculations or offer me a software for this.

#>>> INPUT FILES
set TEMP 315
coordinates lyz_315_eq.coor
structure lysozyme.psf