compiling Namd on amd64

From: olivier Walker (olivier_at_hikari.cpe.fr)
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 04:08:08 CST

Hi,

I tried to compile Namd on athlon64 processor following the "notes.txt"
file. From the sources I dowloaded, I adde a Linux-amd64.plugin file (it
was originaly missing). Then I wanted to download the corresponding
binaries for fftw, tcl and plugin but there is nothing dedicated to
amd64. Anyway, I tried with the ia64 version but during compilation it
complains with "the selected processor doesn't suport x86-64 instructions".
My question is the following: what kind of bnaries (fftw, tcl and
plugins) can I download to compile namd correctly?

Olivier